The role will be based out of the Ulverston office, reporting to our Operations and Maintenance Manager.
You will represent the company and lead a cable laying team responsible for the installation of High Voltage and Low Voltage Cables. This will require interaction with suppliers, clients and APTS personnel and the ability to manage quality documentation and test records.
The role will also require the installation of 33/11KV joints and terminations.
The role will require the individual to work away from home for prolonged periods.
The ability to self-start and engage in operational issues will be supported with a sound knowledge of site practices and good safety awareness.
The role will require the individual to perform many different tasks, so flexibility and a willingness to learn is critical.
When O&M activities are low, the candidate will be required to support other Athena PTS project scopes and M&E Contracting.
- Supports the execution of cable installation and jointing services delivered to UK and overseas customers:
- Review and implementation of RAMS
- Planning and mobilisation of staff, materials, and sub-contractors
- Creation of reports and quality records
- Leading a team safely
- Cable installation and sheath testing
- Operation of a winch
- Cable Preparation and Glanding/Jointing
- Site supervision
- Site Experience with installation scopes
- Site Experience with HV cable jointing and termination.
- CCNSG Training
- Flexibility and willingness to learning New skills
- Basic knowledge of LV / HV Distribution Systems
- Health and Safety awareness and ability to lead a team safely
- Willingness to travel and work away when called upon
- Ability to self-manage jobs on a week to week basis
Training and development is available for the right candidate, with the right attitude who can support the growth of the O&M business.
If you would like more information on the role or would like to submit your CV, please do so at email@example.com