Athena PTS is a dynamic, ambitious, and fast-growing company that designs, builds, operates and maintains HV and LV electrical infrastructure, power systems and networks across the United Kingdom.
We are looking to recruit a Commissioning Engineer/SAP based out of our Ulverston office. This is a permanent position, with competitive salary, paid overtime and other benefits.
About the Role:
You will represent the company in the Installation, Commissioning, Operation and Maintenance of Electrical systems.
The role will require the individual to work away from home and potentially support contracts overseas.
The ability to self-start and engage in all areas of Engineering will be supported with a sound knowledge of site practices and good safety awareness.
The role will also require a level of office based (computer) support with the generation of test plans, RAMS, quotations and the completion of reports etc.
The role will require the individual to perform many different tasks, so flexibility and a willingness to learn is critical.
When O&M activities are low, the candidate will be required to support other Athena PTS project and maintenance scopes.
- Deliver Commissioning services to UK and overseas customers: Execution of Commissioning packages, creation and review of Test Procedures, planning and mobilisation, cost control, creation of reports. etc.
- Switchboard Installation and Commissioning.
- FAT/SAT testing
- Protection scheme testing and generation of PSL logic
- Cable and Transformer testing
- Site supervision / management of subcontract resource.
- Senior Authorised person
- Installation/Operations and Maintenance of Electrical assets
- Sound knowledge and experience with high voltage electrical distribution systems with Gas Insulated Switchgears and Power Transformers (6.6KV, 11KV, 33KV, 66KV, 132KV)
- Have a comprehensive understanding of electrical control testing, commissioning and start-up with the ability to create/review commissioning procedures and reports, coordinate the commissioning/start-up schedule with the project schedule, oversee/complete the testing and commissioning.
- Sound understanding of LV / HV Distribution Systems.
- Ability to conduct FAT and SAT at clients premises and interface with the client directly to a high standard:
- Creation of test protocols and quality plans
- Point to point wiring checks
- Functional switching
- Mechanical and electrical interlock checks
- As built drawing reviews
- Have had previous Senior Authorised Person status
- To have a comprehensive understanding of Electrical Protection relays:
- Primary injection and CT mag curves
- Generation of relay logic schemes
- Secondary injection
- To Carry out Commissioning of various electrical equipment such as transformers, LV/ HV switchgears, cables, motors, UPS, Battery Chargers
- Buchholz/DPGT testing
- Site Experience of Switchboard and Transformer installations.
- CCNSG Training.
- 17/18th Edition.
- C&G 2391 Inspect and Testing.
- SF6 Gas Handling Course.
- Familiar with Auto Cad, Amtech, Microsoft Office – ability to produce reports and works packs.
- Offshore capability (desirable).
- Willingness to travel and work away when called upon (essential).
- Ability to manage self and others during technically complex activities.
We are always keen to hear from individuals who believe they can bring something to the team at Athena PTS. If you would like to submit your CV for consideration, please do so at email@example.com, along with a covering letter