Athena PTS is a dynamic, ambitious and fast-growing company that designs, builds, operates and maintains HV and LV electrical infrastructure, power systems and networks across the United Kingdom.
We are looking to recruit an Electrical Engineer to join our Power Projects & Connections team. This is a permanent position, with a competitive salary and other benefits.
To undertake electrical engineering/system design, calculations, analysis and research.
To produce fully-detailed design documents (single line diagrams, spreadsheets, GA drawings, interface diagrams, etc), with clear, concise and technically-correct detail, and review those produced by others (internally and externally).
To provide general technical support and assistance across the client base and to all members of the Company throughout a project’s life cycle, from tendering and design development, through to commissioning, handover and subsequent operation and maintenance.
- Power system network design and equipment specification, including protection considerations and safety justification.
- Preparation of initial electrical distribution system designs to support tender proposals.
- Provide broad technical support and advice to all members of the company, but more specifically as a source of reference in your field of speciality.
- Carry-out grid connection assessments, designs, reviews and applications.
- Review power systems modelling and analysis undertaken by others.
- Review technical documents (specifications, reports, drawings, etc) to determine customer requirements.
- Write and review testing and commissioning procedures and undertake field-based commissioning activities.
- Attend and lead factory and site acceptance tests.
- Attend site meetings and surveys.
- Support the selection and procurement of electrical equipment.
- Support the selection, coordination and management of specialist equipment suppliers.
- Degree level qualification in electrical engineering.
- Relevant related post-graduate industry experience (ideally 5+ years).
- A post-graduate qualification in electrical engineering and having Chartered Engineer professional registration are both highly-desirable.
- Experience in LV/MV system design and equipment specification (switchgear, protection, transformers, cable, etc).
- Experience of working with DNOs and TNOs.
- Technically competent, with sound knowledge of electrical theory, power systems concepts, equipment, design and construction.
- Experience/understanding of power system modelling software (IPSA, MATLAB, CDEGS, DIgSILENT, etc.) would be desirable.
- A very proactive, organised and flexible approach to your work.
- Excellent report-writing skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Independent and self-motivated, with a strong work ethic and able to take the initiative.
- Reliable, disciplined and able to work unsupervised in a high-pressure environment.
We are always keen to hear from individuals who believe they can bring something to the team at Athena PTS. If you would like to submit your CV for consideration, please do so at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a covering letter