|Location:||Ulverston, Cumbria||Hours:||Full time|
Athena PTS is a dynamic, ambitious and fast-growing company that designs, builds, operates and maintains HV and LV electrical infrastructure, power systems and networks across the United Kingdom.
To assist in the day-to-day running of the finance department, including credit control, purchase ledger, sales ledger and payroll, ensuring all tasks are completed in an accurate and timely manner to aid business processes.
To administer the finance functions within the company so that reliable, accurate and timely financial and management information is regularly produced, the company’s finances are professionally managed, and every opportunity is taken to drive improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of the business.
To provide general administrative support to the wider team in a highly professional and efficient manner.
- Inputting accounting data onto the Company’s accounting systems (Sage 50 Accounts Professional & Equue2 Construction) with speed and accuracy.
- Process supplier invoices, credit notes and recurring payments.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements to the purchase ledger.
- Accurately post payments received against correct invoices and raise month-end statements.
- You will be expected to send emails and make outgoing calls in order to resolve any queries and to ensure timely payment of sales invoices.
- Control of petty cash and the maintenance of associated records.
- To undertake quality checks to ensure data has been entered correctly and undertake/ensure any corrective actions are followed through.
- Creating purchase requisitions and goods receipting.
- Reviewing and processing timesheets for payroll and job costing purposes.
- Managing the Accounts and other central/departmental email accounts.
- Providing general administrative support, e.g., answering external phone calls and taking messages, filing, scanning, assisting with the hotel, hire car and other such bookings, paying-in cheques, taking the post, etc.
Requirements and Key Competencies:
- Sage experience beneficial (ideally Sage 50) and Microsoft Office software.
- Confident telephone manner with an excellent standard of written correspondence.
- Committed, loyal and trustworthy and acting always with the strictest confidence.
- A very proactive and organised approach to your work.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Able to follow instructions, whilst being prepared to challenge.
- Reliable, disciplined and self-motivated, with a strong work ethic.
We are always keen to hear from individuals who believe they can bring something to the team at Athena PTS. If you would like to submit your CV for consideration, please do so at email@example.com, along with a covering letter.