Salary: £40,000- £60,000 + benefits.
Athena PTS is a dynamic, ambitious and fast-growing company that designs, builds, operates and maintains HV and LV electrical infrastructure, power systems and networks across the United Kingdom.
About the Role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity within our tendering department, where we are looking to recruit a Tendering Engineer/ Bid Manager. This is a full-time, permanent position and allows the successful applicant to work in a hybrid manner between their home and the Company’s Head Office.
The successful candidate will act as the point of contact both internally and externally, for tendering against new enquiries. They will produce and deliver commercially viable and technically compliant tender submissions, for a wide range of electrical power systems. Scopes of work will typically range from minor cabling services (e.g. laying, jointing and terminating) to complex high voltage infrastructures and solutions.
The candidate will be responsible for liaising extensively with a range of customers, visiting their premises as necessary, determining their specific requirements, often with minimal enquiry documentation, and translating these into priced workable solutions that can then be communicated to the customer in a professional format.
- Review technical documents, including specifications, reports, drawings and feasibility studies etc. to determine the customer requirements.
- Identify the required resources, both internally and externally, (i.e. suppliers and subcontractors) and training requirements, to ensure viability and the company’s capability to deliver the proposed solutions.
- Interpret electrical biased enquiries received by the Company, with a view to prioritising, managing, and delivering tender submissions.
- Produce detailed estimates and supporting tender proposal documentation.
- Demonstrate financial effectiveness proposed work at tender stage, meeting programme constraints and company requirements for overall delivery.
- Manage and facilitate ‘internal reviews’ of estimates and proposals produced, prior to submission to customers.
- Liaise with and coordinate sub-contractors and suppliers to provide joined-up costed proposals for full EPC/BoP to clients.
- Maintain close contact with the Engineering Consultancy and Project Delivery teams, providing technical and commercial guidance.
- Represent the company externally at pre-tender site visits and tender clarification meetings, as well as marketing events such as exhibitions and conferences.
- Previous relevant related industry experience.
- Must have knowledge of the electrical industry and standards, associated with HV and LV Power Projects.
- Able to produce tender proposal documentation with minimal supervision, including managing and facilitation of internal reviews for tender pricing schedules produced.
- Experience in HV / MV system design and equipment specification (switchgear, protection and control, transformers and cabling).
- Technically competent, with sound knowledge of electrical theory, power systems concepts, equipment, design and construction.
- Good all-round knowledge of commercial viability and pricing, and the requirements to deliver electrical power projects that are technically correct and delivered on time.
- Independent and self-motivated, with a strong work ethic and able to take the initiative.
- Technically competent to a level able to deliver the tenders.
- A very proactive, organised and flexible approach to work.
- Able to work closely with the in-house design department and consultancy division in managing tender electrical design work required, to ensure technically compliant tender submissions.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Must possess a driving licence and be willing to travel across the UK and overseas, when required.
Job Type: Full-time, permanent role
We are always keen to hear from individuals who believe they can bring something to the team at Athena PTS. If you would like to submit your CV for consideration, please do so at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a covering letter.