Athena PTS is a dynamic, ambitious and fast-growing company that designs, builds, operates and maintains HV and LV electrical infrastructure, power systems and networks across the United Kingdom.
This is an exciting position within a growing company, where you will be reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor, will have the opportunity to establish and develop yourself and will have a direct influence on the day-to-day running and success of the business.
This is a permanent position based out of our Ulverston office, with a competitive salary (Salary Band: £35k-£45k) and other benefits.
About the Role:
To administer the commercial and contractual management of projects so that contracts and subcontracts are professionally executed and managed to ensure that reliable, accurate and timely management information is regularly produced.
To help promote a culture of commercial awareness throughout the Company.
To manage commercial risks and opportunities and represent and protect the interests of the Company.
To contribute to supporting the management team in achieving both the short and long term business objectives of the Company.
- Provide commercial and contractual support across the entire business.
- Regular communication with the management team and relevant staff members regarding the performance and financial position of projects.
- Assist with reviewing and negotiating both contract and subcontract terms and conditions.
- Day-to-day commercial administration activities, e.g. ensuring compliance with contractual requirements, preparation of applications for payment, a compilation of variations, preparing/obtaining records etc.
- Supporting the wider team in ensuring that projects are completed according to their specifications and deadlines.
- Financial and commercial closure of projects, ensuring costs and value are allocated correctly and in accordance with financial reporting timetables.
- Assisting with project tenders & estimates.
- Relevant qualifications at degree level or equivalent, supported by post-qualification experience.
- Membership of or progressing towards membership of a relevant professional body is desirable but not essential.
- Have a commercial and contractual knowledge of construction and engineering contracts together with the acumen necessary to safeguard the Company’s interests, whilst appreciating the Client’s position.
- Experience of standard (e.g. FIDIC, NEC, CECA etc) and bespoke forms of contract and subcontract.
- An appreciation of electrical engineering scopes of work and terminology would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Hold a current driving licence.
- Have a confident but respectful manner.
- A good standard of written correspondence and the ability to build a rapport at all levels.
- A proactive and organised approach to your work, with good time management and communication skills.
- Reliable and disciplined, with a strong work ethic and the ability to deal with demanding situations across multiple projects whilst maintaining a calm disposition.
- Self-motivated and able to take the initiative.
We are always keen to hear from individuals who believe they can bring something to the team at Athena PTS. If you would like to submit your CV for consideration, please do so at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a covering letter